Information on cookies
1) What is a cookie?
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small text file that is stored by the computer when a website is visited by a user. The text stores information that the site is able to read when it is consulted at a later time. Some of these cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of the site, others are useful to the visitor because they can safely store, for example, the user name or the language settings. The advantage of having cookies installed in your PC is that you no longer need to fill out the same information every time you want to access a site visited previously.
2) How to disable cookies?
You can change the browser to disable cookies through a very simple procedure. Warning: by deactivating cookies, both username and password will no longer be stored on the site login box.
1. 1. Open Firefox
2. 2. Press the “Alt” button on the keyboard
3. 3. In the toolbar at the top of the browser, select “Tools” and then “Options”
4. 4. Select the “Privacy” tab
5. 5. Go to “History Settings:” and then click on “Use Custom Settings”. Deselect “Accept cookies from sites” and save your preferences.
1. 1. Open Internet Explorer
2. 2. Click on the “Tools” button and then on “Internet Options”
3. 3. Select the “Privacy” tab and move the slider to the privacy level you want to set (upwards to block all cookies or down to allow them all)
4. 4. Then click on OK
1. 1. Open Google Chrome
2. 2. Click on the “Tools” icon
3. 3. Select “Settings” and then “Advanced Settings”
4. 4. Select “Content settings” under “Privacy”
5. 5. In the “Cookies” tab you can deselect cookies and save preferences
1. 1. Open Safari
2. 2. Choose “Preferences” in the toolbar, then select the “Security” panel in the dialog that follows
3. 3. In the “Accept cookies” section you can specify if and when Safari should save cookies from websites. For more information click on the Help button (marked with a question mark)
4. 4. For more information about cookies that are stored on your computer, click on “Show cookies.